Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers can now subscribe to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products directly through AWS Marketplace, including the new Forward Geocoder from HERE. Plus, developers can test their skills and explore HERE offerings during a contest at AWS re:Invent.
The high-performance REST API includes comprehensive coverage around the world and will enable the integration of precise location capabilities into applications by translating addresses into GPS coordinates with high accuracy.
The first of several SaaS tools to be released by HERE to the AWS Marketplace, Forward Geocoder will help businesses understand complex location-relative relationships and use the information to optimize services.
AWS customers can purchase HERE Forward Geocoder directly through the Marketplace, deploy it in their solutions and be billed through their regular AWS invoice.
Concurrent to Amazon Re:Invent, taking place Sunday, November 27 through Friday, December 2 in Las Vegas, HERE has issued a “Top 50 Coding Challenge.”
The first 50 developers to complete the challenge during the dates of the show are eligible to receive a premium miniature drone, which must be picked up at the HERE booth #2316. Participants will see how the HERE cloud makes developing location-based services fast and easy across platforms for any use case.
How to enter
- Sign up for a 90-day free trial on here.com.
- Complete any one of the following challenges, using the HERE Geocoder, Rest Routing API or Map Tile API
- Challenge A: What is the latitude and longitude of the Hoover Dam?
- Challenge B: How long does it take to get from the Venetian to the SLS by public transport at 8am on Monday?
- Challenge C: Show us a satellite map of Area 51
- Visit the Top 50 Challenge page and submit a screenshot of the map tile result.
Everyone is welcome to visit the HERE booth to learn more about adding value to location-based solutions. We’ll be demonstrating the new Forward Geocoder, along with the HERE mobile SDK, Indoor Venue maps and HERE WeGo app.